New York state immunization law requires that students enrolled in post-secondary schools be immunized. You will need to submit your immunization records if you are:
- Born after 1956 and enrolling more than half time as an undergraduate (unless your instruction solely involves research, field work, or study away from the school).
- Born after 1956 and are enrolling into a health science program either part-time or full-time.
- Attending school, either part-time or full-time, while on a student or other visa.
If these criteria apply to you, then you must have received the following immunizations before classes begin:
- 2 doses of MMR (measles, mumps and rubella) vaccine.
- 1 dose of meningococcal vaccine. A 2nd dose is required if 1st dose was given before age 16.
Upon enrollment, an official immunization record must be presented to the College’s Office of Health Services. These records can be obtained from your primary care provider’s office. If you have not received all of the required immunizations, please schedule an appointment with your primary care provider prior to attendance. You may also go to the New York City Health Immunization Clinic at 295 Flatbush Ave. Extension, Downtown Brooklyn for vaccination Monday – Thursday, 8:30 a.m.- 2:30 p.m. Phone: 718.643.8351. To claim an exemption for one or more immunizations, based on medical, religious, or philosophical reasons, go to the Health Department’s website for information: https://www.health.ny.gov/prevention/immunization/handbook/section_1_requirements.htm
Enrolled students must also file a “Meningococcal Vaccination Response Form” with the Office of Health Services. Both the Immunization Record Form and the Meningococcal Response Form are part of your enrollment packet
Office of Counseling and Wellness Services
Room 215, Tuohy Hall