New freshmen and transfer students are invited to attend. There will be a presentation from relevant administrative offices, including instructions on how to set up your SJC webmail. The Office of Student Success will provide information about the Transfer Seminar (SJC 200) and review your class schedule. ID cards and parking permits will also be distributed.
Student Learning Objectives
By participating in the January Orientation for transfers and new freshmen, students will:
- Be introduced to support services that will assist with their educational and personal goals
- Become familiar with technology and library resources
- Meet with faculty and academic advisement staff to gain an understanding of the advisement process
- Interact with other new students as well as orientation leaders and administrative staff
- Gain an awareness of the availability of opportunities for involvement and leadership
- Be prepared to comfortably navigate the campus
Next Spring Orientation
Tuesday, January 21, 2020 • Time: 2 p.m.
2 – 2:15 p.m.
Arrival and Refreshments
Tuohy Hall, Student Lounge
Introduction to Student Life
Student Support Services
Offices of Student Involvement & Leadership, Counseling & Wellness,
Career Preparation & Professional Development, Campus Ministry
Technology Training Session
McEntegart Hall, Library
Office of Student Success
Campus tour, ID Cards and Parking Tags
Administrative Offices Open
Admissions, Business Office/Bursar, Academic Advisement, Accessibility Services, Financial Aid, Registrar, Career Preparation, Counseling & Wellness, Student Life